All we can do is the get the RENTAL LIST out there for you to ride by the locations to make your own judgment of where or where not you will live. Unfortunately, we cannot steer you in any direction or describe neighborhoods.
Updated Rental list: Thursday, November 17, 2016
· Pets: All properties listed above are PET friendly. Cook Real Estate Agency requires a $300 PET FEE to be paid up front with rent and security (Damage fund) deposit to move in. Non Refundable PET FEE (not a pet deposit) must be paid before key is given to move in. Otherwise, there will be a NO PETS clause in the LEASE. If a pet is found on the property and you have not paid the $300 pet fee, then immediate eviction will occur or you will be asked to move immediately. This is an immediate violation of the lease agreement. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT PART OF THE LEASE.
· All RENTALS we have available at the date of this rental list are LISTED, no matter the location!
· It is up to you to get our list of rentals, ride by the areas and look for yourself at the neighborhoods. There is no sense in setting up to see the inside of any of the RENTAL houses without placing your eyes on the outside and the neighborhood. This is how we operate. This is first and foremost.
· AFTER SEEING THE OUTSIDE AND THE NEIGHBORHOOD FOR YOURSELF, we normally get you a key (or tell you where a key is located on the property) and let you go and look on your own. A lot of times we have the key in the office. We communicate showings by cell phone at 229-403-7300 by text or email at email@example.com . After we give you the key, we ask you to text us to let us know you have arrived at the RENTAL to look on the inside. We ask you to lock up and text us when you are leaving. 229-403-7300. This is a way of knowing when someone is viewing the property.
· We keep this list of rentals outside the front door of our office at 209 West Monroe Street in Thomasville Georgia in a green information box. Come by the office to pick up our current RENTAL LIST in our GREEN information box outside the front door of our office ANYTIME 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
· Please continue to check back with us, as we never know when something else will be added.
· Please take time and read all information provided, as it will answer 90% of your questions on how we operate and how to RENT a House or an Apartment through Cook Real Estate Agency. We have been renting houses and apartment since 1960. So, we know a little bit about renting houses and have a system in doing so.
· Concerns: write down your concerns on paper. Give us a punch list, if there is one. We can always miss something even as large or small, as it may seem to you. We will go and take a second look. Cannot guarantee a change, but will look.
· We suggest when you find a RENTAL YOU LIKE after viewing the inside and outside, it is in the neighborhood you are looking for, and it is in your price range, to complete the HOME application and get us the total amount of monies to move in. Applications can be mailed, taped to front door of our office at 209 West Monroe Street in Thomasville, Georgia in an envelope with your name on it where you can swing by and pick it up(have to leave us a message to do so), fax, or email. Leave us a message with your fax number or your email address. Or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to send you a copy of our application.
· All payments must be in certified funds such as money order or cashier’s check. We do not accept cash any longer or personal checks, or third party checks.
· We want certified funds on all payments and cannot be partial payments like just the deposit. We cannot hold any properties for any length of time.
· We try and describe the best we can the size of the house or apartment by saying 1 BR, 2 BR, 3 BR, & 4 BR. Sometimes a 2 bedroom can be large enough and have an extra room you could make it a 3 BR or a size of a house that will work for you. The key is you should set up a time to view the inside. You should always put your own eyes on the rental before making any decisions. This is why it is hard to rent a house from afar.
· A lot of times we have a way you can see the inside of the house while sitting in front of the house in your car by having a lockbox on the property with a code we can give you over the telephone.
· RENTALS ARE RENTED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS WITH ALL (NOT JUST DEPOSIT) FUNDS DUE PAID IN FULL AND AN APPLICATION COMPLETED AT THE SAME TIME. You will not be considered for occupancy unless we have all the money and an application. Once you have looked at the rental of your choice and you want to rent it for one year, complete the application and enclose your monies in an envelope, slide through mail slot at the office anytime 24/7. yOU CAN TEXT US TO LET US KNOW YOU HAVE DONE SO. 229-403-7300.
· Why the office is locked or seems closed QUITE A BIT:
· We have business and meetings outside of the office as well as inside of the office. Call before you come to the office is a good policy.
o IN & OUT : IMPORTANT TO REALIZE: We are IN & OUT of the office on a regular basis. We are not sitting in the office all the time and do not have anyone to sit in the office. We have to be outside as much as inside taking care of business outside of the office. If you get to the office and the office is locked, call our cell phones to see when we will be back or when you would like to meet up with us. Call OR text our cell phones at 229-403-7300 for Richard W. Cook or 229-305-5979 for Brian Lameier. Sometimes we may be in a meeting with someone and cannot talk, but can take a second to respond to a text in a few minutes. It all depends. When we are in conversation with someone, we will not interrupt our conversation to answer your call. It will go to voice mail. So, text and we will respond. Again, may not be right away. May take a few minutes to respond.
Normal office hours: Our normal business hours are Monday , Wednesday through Friday 8:30 AM till 5 PM. On Tuesday’s, we close at NOON. However, even though we have certain office hours posted does not mean someone will be in the office when you come by or call. We are IN and OUT and sometimes OUT more than in the office.
RENT PRICES-- NEIGHBORHOODS: This is the most popular question of all. Someone always SAYS, “I am looking for a reasonable priced rental in a nice neighborhood.” We cannot DESCRIBE neighborhoods. Where someone lives is a personal decision, right or wrong. You can ask people in the community about the areas of town, but we cannot describe Neighborhoods. Also, keeping in mind, the more you pay for something in rent or sale, normally (not always) the better the house, the better the neighborhood, the better the floor plan, more modern, more things furnished like refrigerator and stove, normally has central heat and air for comfort, etc. This is why there are $50,000 houses and $300,000 houses. Not everyone can afford the comforts of one versus the other. You have to find one that is within your budget. For an idea of within your budget, you should not pay more than ¼ of your total monthly income for housing.
MOST UPDATED LIST OF RENTALS: Cook Real Estate Agency can fax, mail, or email the most updated RENTALS AVAILABLE list at any time or you can always swing by the office 24 hours a day 7 days a week to see what may be newly added to the list. we always rent some and are adding new ones: Check with us periodically, as this list does change sometimes daily, twice a week, bi-weekly, or monthly. We just never know when we will be adding a new one. And the new one may be the one you have been looking for in your price range. We like correspondence by sending you the most updated list of rentals by email. If you would send us an email at email@example.com and ask for our current list of rentals, we can reply with the most updated list of RENTALS normally the same day. We will attach in an email the most current list of rentals.
· CALL THE OFFICE TELEPHONE FOR OUR CURRENT LIST OF RENTALS OVER THE TELEPHONE: Cook Real Estate Agency went to an AUTOMATED ANSWERING SERVICE SYSTEM to allow people to call and get our list of rentals over the telephone 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We keep this list updated with our most updated list of rentals. During the day, if someone answers your call, then ask to be put through to our rental list. We will. Once the answering system starts, press 1 for our current list of rentals. Again, this is 24/7 you can call the office to get our list of rentals.
DIRECTIONS: DIRECTIONS to all rentals: All directions are from our office of Cook Real Estate Agency at 209 West Monroe Street in Thomasville Georgia. It is up to you to ride by and make your own judgments of where or where not you will live.
Residential RENTAL DIRECTIONS
1) 323 East Jerger Street—2 bedrooms, possible 3 bedrooms ----FOR RENT OR SALE--This home is right off of historic district of Thomasville and North Dawson Street. Turn around and go through the traffic light at Madison and Monroe right by the office here. Stay on East Monroe Street to North Dawson Street. This is one block past the big oak tree one of our historic landmarks in Thomasville.. Turn left onto North Dawson Street. Go about 5 city blocks and see Jerger Street on your right. Turn right onto East Jerger Street. The house will be the second on your left. . This house is FOR SALE, too. Cook Real Estate Agency is unable to finance this one for you. You will have to get your own financing. If you need help in being introduced to a bank or financial place to get a loan to buy, we can help. To set up looking on inside, text Richard W. Cook at 229-403-7300.
2) 403 Park Avenue---RENTAL ONLY----3 bedrooms currently working on the inside of this one. You can sometimes catch maintenance over cleaning inside or call for the key location to walk through at your convenience. --- Turn around and go through the traffic light at Madison and Monroe to the next traffic light, which is Broad Street. Turn right onto Broad Street. Go through downtown and cross the railroad tracks. Keep on Broad Street until you see Grant Street on your left. Grant Street is the street next to the cancer center treatment office or oncology center, which is approximately 2 miles from the railroad tracks. If you have gotten to the traffic light at Jerger School, you have gone one block too far. Turn left off of Broad Street onto Grant Street. The next street is Park Avenue. The house is straight ahead. In fact this part of Grant Street dead ends into 403 Park Avenue.
3) 1317 N. Madison Street---(Currently occupied and shown by appointment only 24 hours in advance—please do not walk around house or on property. Let us set up a time for that) Turn around and turn left at traffic light onto Madison Street/Highway 84. Go approximately 1/2 mile down Madison Street crossing bridge. At Andy’s restaurant (the old Dairy Queen), turn right. Once you have yielded, go straight across (left). This is North short Madison Street. This house is down on your left.
· What is your TIME FRAME to move in one of our rentals: WHEN DO YOU WANT TO MOVE IN A RENTAL OF COOK REAL ESTATE’S: Everyone’s time frame of wanting to move in one of our rentals is different? It helps us to know if you want to move now, a week from now, a month from now, etc. as mentioned earlier in this packet, Cook Real Estate Agency cannot hold any rental for any length of time (with only a deposit). If the rental is currently occupied or we are still working on a rental you’re interested in and you want to put the total amount of monies down to hold a rental for you until we finish or they move out, then we can do this. But, again, full amount of monies. This way you can go ahead and let your current landlord know in writing you have found a new place and will be moving. It is Georgia landlord/ tenant state law statute 44-7-7 that all tenants are required to let landlord know in writing 30 days before moving. So, when paying your last month’s rent where you are, put in writing your intentions to move. You must be a little flexible depending on how the tenants leave the house or apartment. If there is work involved, it may take a week or so to turn it around and be ready for move in.
· When does rent start: We will start the rent as soon as your application is approved, not when you say you want to start moving in or you want us to start the rent. Your rent will begin and a lease will be signed within 24 to 48 hours of completing the application and paying the total amount of money to move in. Again, if it is occupied and will be a little while before house is ready for move in, then we can hold it for you with all monies paid in advance. If you want to move in two weeks, or a month from now, or 2 months from the date we accepted money, then there is no need to put money down, unless you are paying for the months up to when you want to move in. If you are planning on moving in at a later date, we will need to know this in writing your date you will be moving in the house. Some have to pay a month or two in advance and move when they are planning. Utilities need to be on in your name as soon as we do the lease signing. So, we will need to discuss these options.
When is RENT DUE: All of our rents are due and expected ON or BEFORE the 1st day of each month. ALL RENTS ARE PAID IN ADVANCE. This means before the month starts.
PRO-RATE RENT: If there is any proration of first month’s rent, we will prorate from the date we receive monies to start rent to the end of the first month and actually pay a smaller reduced rate on the second month, not the first month. We will prorate rent from the date you receive the key to the end of that first month. If you are renting the house during the grace period we have of the 1st through the 5th, there is no proration. Rent starts when we do the lease signing and we give you the key to start moving in. We do not prorate the last month or when you are planning on moving. If the first rolls around, then a full month’s RENT IS DUE. RENT IS ALWAYS DUE ON THE FIRST. ALL TENANTS RENT BY THE MONTH, NOT BY THE WEEK OR DAY. ANY TENANT LIVING IN THE HOUSE ANY PART OF THE MONTH (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE PRORATION AT THE BEGINNING) MUST PAY A FULL MONTH’S RENT.
*******Work with you*******: WE WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU ON A (getting your money together) DEPOSIT OR WE WILL NOT ACCEPT JUST A DEPOSIT PAYING THE OTHER AMOUNT AT A LATER DATE. We get this quite often; a person will ask us “will you accept $200 to hold 212 Example Street for us. “ The answer is always NO. WE MUST RECEIVE THE TOTAL AMOUNT TO MOVE IN (ALL AT ONCE). NO PARTIAL PAYMENTS. Unfortunately, we cannot hold any places for any length of time with a partial payment. We want to start the rental income for the owner as soon as possible.
Home Application: MUST QUALIFY: You must complete a home application to rent a house from us. It takes 24-48 hours to approve or not approve your application. You cannot move in the same day you put money up to Rent. We have a 24 to 48-hour minimum waiting period for processing your information on the home application. Just drop it off in an envelope with the full amount of money to move in. Please, do not drop off cash, as we no longer accept cash. If we get your application and no monies with it, we will do nothing with your application until we receive the full amount of money to move in.
We will process your application. In the processing, we check to see if you pay your bills and other information that will help us get to know you better. Do not let checking information stop you from completing an application or applying for a house or apartment to rent from us. Background checks are necessary.
PETS: PET FRIENDLY: PET FEE: Owners are getting away from tenants being able to have pets in their rental houses and apartments. PETS IN GENERAL do so much damage to properties and owners end up paying for what your pet did. With this said, pets must be addressed per property. The owner makes the final choice of whether they want pets in their houses or apartments. If you are going to have a dog or cat or any other pet and we have Okayed you to have the pet while renting from us, we will need a $300 PET FEE that is NON REFUNDABLE. THERE ARE NO PETS ALLOWED UNLESS APPROVED BY COOK REAL ESTATE IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY ALL PARTIES. We will sign a no pet’s clause when signing the lease.
Taking rental house OR APARTMENT off the RENTAL MARKET for you: Once we get THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY TO MOVE IN, we will take the rental house you are interested in renting off the rental market. The rental will be taken off the rental market for the 48 hour period or two business days to approve your application. NO ONE ELSE CAN GET IT, as we are trying our best to get you into the house of your choice. If your application is not approved for any reason, then the house will go back on the rental market and your monies will be refunded. When receiving monies to move in, we will complete a legal document explaining how the monies will be refunded. We will try our best to get you into your new rental as soon as practically possible.
When can we get started moving in: Once we have approved your application, we will complete the one year lease with you. Once we have gone over the lease with you, we will hand you a key, a copy of your signed ONE YEAR lease, and you can start moving in. Again, allow a minimum of 30 minutes for the ONE YEAR lease signing process. Please leave children with an adult outside of the lease signing so there are no interruptions. Please turn off all cell phones during meeting and going over lease.
Concerns while looking or moving in: Your concerns are important to us and are normal. There is no way we can have every single rental on this RENTAL LIST ready to look at or ready to move in when we list them on the rental list. write down your concerns as we hand deliver your concerns to the people making the decisions on what needs to be done and what is more of a cosmetic issue we may not correct as we may not be able to spend the money to get just right for you. We have a budget too.
Understand reality, we may not be able to correct all of your concerns. In this case, you can normally correct those things we are not able to correct for you at your own costs. We do not take anything off the rental amount. Everybody wants the world and a real nice place, and wants someone else to pay for it. With limited funds from the owner, sometimes the owner is not willing to spend that money for you. It is just a rental house and not your permanent home or what you may be used to growing up. When you rent, it is normally temporary housing for a year or so.
HOME IMPROVEMENTS: Any improvements you want to make the RENTAL more LIKE HOME for you (COSMETIC ITEMS) is normally accepted by the owner, but has to be WRITTEN DOWN, SIGNED, DATED, ADDRESS, NAME, ETC. AND passed by the owner for his or her approval. We have these HOME IMPROVEMENT FORMS in the office and can get them to you by email or handing to you when signing lease. Also, tenants must understand again that it will be their costs and not the owners, but we first need to respect the owner’s property and pass your ideas of home improvement by the owner. Please state this on our home improvement form, with the understanding the owner will not pay for your home improvements you want done (above the costs of what we can correct). We try our best to make the house, as nice as possible with limited funds.
TERM OF LEASES: Most of our leases are for ONE YEAR. Therefore, we normally do not have many short-term leases. Normally, if you are looking for a short-term lease (2 or 3 months or even 6 months’) and/or want something furnished, we suggest the bed and breakfast type housing. There are really no seasonal rentals available we are aware of that are furnished with all furniture.
Showing Occupied houses: Tenants must be given a 24 hours’ notice before showing. We hope when houses are occupied that Current tenants will cooperate and help us set up appointments to see the inside. Sometimes they do and sometimes not. Be patient with us.
MEETING people: We meet all persons at the office of Cook Real Estate Agency located at 209 West Monroe Street in Thomasville, Georgia, unless there are other arrangements made for you to meet the tenants that occupy the house or apartment at the house. We make arrangements with you personally to go and look at the houses or places by yourself.
LOCATION OF OUR OFFICE: Our office of Cook Real Estate Agency is centrally located in DOWNTOWN THOMASVILLE, one block from the DOWNTOWN Post Office, one block from the Thomas County Library, and one block from the Thomas County Courthouse. Actually, they have built the new judicial building or courthouse in our BACKYARD. Thomas County Board of Commissioners have just built the new 911 center next door on West Monroe Street. Address is 209-209 West Monroe Street in Thomasville. Our office is right off of Business Highway 84 or Madison Street. Cook Real Estate Agency’s office is directly across the street from Singletary Tire Pro’s, Tom Horne Supply, and Horne Candy Company. Our office has been in this general vicinity since 1960.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT: If you know someone that has a rental house or several rentals (apartments) and they are always complaining about not being able to collect the rent, we handle these problems for these owners. With a 95% to 98% collection rate on collecting rents, we will do our best to collect the rent for the owner. We do not let people get behind on their rent. All our rents are DUE AND EXPECTED ON OR BEFORE the 1ST day of the month. Eviction date means eviction.
· Cook Real Estate Agency does Property (RENTAL) management as a licensed Real Estate Broker/agent and property management company. In order to manage rentals for other owners, a person or individual doing business as a company must hold a real estate license. There are many companies in Thomasville Georgia that are doing property management for other owners that are not licensed in real estate. This is against the law. Richard W. Cook is a licensed Real Estate Broker with the State of Georgia. Brian Lameier is a licensed sales associate with Cook Real Estate Agency and the state of Georgia. So, if you know someone that has properties, I would ask their property manager if they are a licensed real estate person. If not, it is a violation. They cannot manage other owners real estate rentals without being a licensed real estate person.
WEB SITE: Check our web site at www.cookrealest.com for our history.
· Place application that you will complete plus certified funds (NO CASH, PERSONAL CHECK, or THIRD PARTY CHECK ACCEPTED) in the form of money order or certified check from your bank for the full amount of money to move in. If you are going to have a pet, add $300 one time pet fee. Total amount of monies that will need to be paid to be accepted to rent through our agency is the FULL RENT + FULL DEPOSIT + FULL PET FEE= Total amount to move in.
· Get an envelope, slide completed application in the envelope, slide certified funds check or money order in envelope, and slide it through the mail slot in the front door of the office at 209 West Monroe Street. If you would like to meet us personally, you will need to try and coordinate over our cell phones when we can meet you at the office. If you state a time and you are not there at that time, we will be gone taking care of other business outside of office. If you are not going to make your time, it would be nice to know it. Call our cell phones to cancel as we may be dropping what we are working on away from the office to make a special trip to come and meet you.
· Once we receive the completed application and monies, we will have two business days to approve or not approve your application. If not approve, we will refund monies. If approved or in process of approving and you change your mind, you lose all monies. So, make sure you have made up your mind before sliding your monies through the mail slot that this is where you want to live because we are going to try our best to get you in this place you have chosen. Once we receive monies, we are taking house off rental market for you and nobody else can get it. Therefore, you are committing (making a commitment to lease for one year by paying monies and presenting application to rent a particular rental) that you are renting the house for one year.
· If you cannot get a ride to the office, then we can mail this information to you.
· We can email the rent list to you. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond with the rental list attached.
· You can get our rental list by looking on the web site for our rentals. www.cookrealest.com
· You can call the office (229-226-3889) and press extension 1 for our list of rentals over telephone.
As this list changes from time to time including prices, it is always good to check the day you are wanting to go and look to see if it is still available and see what the price is at that time. As prices fluctuate from time to time as work is done on certain rentals, the price may increase. We do run specials on rental prices to get people to jump on it, get us the full amount / the total amount to move in.
· Cook Real Estate Agency is closed Tuesday afternoons and weekends and there are certain times during the week we have left the office early for one reason or another. So, call us when you want to meet up with us at the office and not the property you want to look at. We meet all persons at the office.
· For any service calls while renting from Cook Real Estate Agency, we have an automated voicemail system that will call our cell number immediately after you leave your message. You would dial 229-226-3889 and when the automated system answers the call, press extension 2 for service calls.
Listing and selling Real Estate in Thomasville and surrounding areas
REALTOR: Brian Lameier, our Sales Associate with Cook Real Estate Agency, would like to be YOUR REALTOR when it comes to finding a HOME, FARM, ACRES, Commercial, Etc. Whether you are RENTING PROPERTY, SELLING PROPERTY, WANTING SOMEONE TO MANAGE YOUR RENTALS, OR WHETHER YOU ARE BUYING, Cook Real Estate Agency has over 56 years of experience. Again, whatever you may be looking for in buying real estate, we will research and see if there is anything on the real estate market to match what you may be looking for. Whether you are looking for land, residential, commercial, etc., Cook Real Estate Agency would like to help you locate what you are looking for. A farm, Brian can help.
We can SELL as well as RENT properties: COMMERCIAL, RESIDENTIAL, AND LAND/ACREAGE/Farms: Brian Lameier, our sales associate, handles our listing and selling. If you know someone selling Real Estate, we can help them like any other REALTOR. We are listing and selling properties as Cook Real Estate Agency are REALTOR’S. I know some have not considered us as REALTOR’S as we have handled rentals, but we handle sales too. If you know someone wanting to BUY or SELL Real Estate (land or residential or commercial buildings), call Brian Lameier, Sales Associate @ 229-305-5979. Brian is a licensed Realtor. Richard W. Cook is a licensed Real Estate Broker(Realtor).
We can show any other Realtors listings they have For Sale-If you see another REAL ESTATE FOR SALE SIGN (1st Thomasville Realty, Chubb and Associates, Key South, Darby Realty Services, Crocker Realty, Rose City Realty, Renaissance Realty, Georgia Florida Realty, Bishop Realty, Thomasville Real Estate Professionals, Thomasville Real Estate Group, Caliber Realty, etc.) on the property other than Cook Real Estate Agency, we can get all the information you need for you to buy that house or land. Call Brian. Brian is very knowledgeable as he has many years of appraisal and sales background in Florida and Georgia.
We are a small REALTY company that can help with all your REAL ESTATE needs. Whether RENTING, BUYING, OR SELLING, we feel we can help you. If not at the time of your call, maybe we will be adding something within your time frame of wanting to move in a house or apartment. Check back with us. Email is a great way of communication. email@example.com. If you do not have email, then texting or calling our cell phone or office number is good. As we are busy assisting other customers and clients, you may have to leave messages. As long as we can call your number back without problems, we will call you back. However, keep in mind, when we call back, sometimes we get messages that say on your phone “you have not set up your voice message yet” or “you can’t take incoming calls” or “number has been disconnected” or variety of other messages. So, if we cannot reach you, we cannot call you back. We do try at least once to call you back. If there is any minor problem, we do not try again as we have many others to return. So, if you think you may have given us a wrong number or we may have missed a number somehow or written down you email wrong, please call us back. Thanks.
Cook Real Estate Agency would like to thank you for your business. Cook Real Estate Agency has been helping people to find a place to buy or rent or with their real estate they may be selling for over 56 years(Established in the early year of 1960). Therefore, we sell Real Estate, too. Farms, acreage, residential, commercial, etc. Cook Real Estate Agency can help with all of your real estate needs.
Listing and selling REAL ESTATE in Thomasville-Thomas County and surrounding areas since 1960-----We would like to be your REALTOR.
· Richard W. Cook, Licensed GA Real Estate Broker
Cell Phone Number is 229-403-7300. Richard W. COOK handles mostly rentals.
· Brian Lameier, Sales Associate/GA/FLA Realtor, handles sales. Brian’s cell # 229-305-5979
· Brian Lameier of cook real estate agency would like to be your realtor in buying and selling your real estate.
Brian’s Cell Phone Number is 229-305-5979. Brian handles all the SALES end of the business. So, if interested in BUYING Real Estate or Selling Real Estate, Brian will be able to help you. With many years’ experience is appraisals and sales, Brian is well qualified to help you in your search of real estate to buy or purchase or the sale of your REAL ESTATE.
Listing and Selling Real Estate?
Buying a house? Owner of rental property? We can collect rent for you and take care of all your service calls on your rental houses. We sell rental properties, too.
Call Brian Lameier, Sales Associate @ 229-305-5979 NOW or Richard W. Cook, Real Estate Broker @ 229-403-7300 NOW.
o Residential and Commercial Properties/RENTALS
§ 1,2,3, and 4 bedrooms houses/duplex apartments
§ Residential and Commercial
· Homes, Farms, acreage, land (small or large)
· Property Management
o Commercial or Residential
§ We can rent your Real Estate RENTAL PROPERTIES (1 or many). All is run through our REAL ESTATE ESCROW ACCOUNT at a local bank. To learn more, we ask you to call and set up an appointment with Richard and/or Brian to meet at our office to go over our procedures on renting out your rental properties and taking care of service calls and collecting rent income in a timely manner.
§ If interested in talking more about managing your rental property or someone you know that needs this service, we will be glad to set up appointments to meet with us at our office and discuss all the good and bad (possible pit falls) and fees involved.
TO RENT, IN A NUTSHELL
1) Ride by: it is crucial you ride by the rental you may be interested in renting first before calling about seeing the inside. Make sure you like the outside of the house, the yard, the neighborhood, etc. Once you like this part of the rental and you want to see the inside, then call us to get a key.
2) GET KEY---TO get a key to the house you are interested in RENTING or LEASING FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR, you should call Richard W. Cook@ 229-403-7300. Text works well, too. Email too @ firstname.lastname@example.org . Sometimes there are keys on the property I can tell you over the phone where it is.
3) SEE INSIDE OF HOUSE--Walk through the house you are interested in renting for one year, keeping in mind we maybe still working on the rental you are looking at.
4) CONCERNS-If you have concerns while walking through the inside of the house, jot down those concerns on paper. This way we can make a copy of your concerns (written down) for maintenance(PUNCH LIST). Not always do we see what you may see when walking through. Sometimes we overlook things not on purpose, we just miss things. Sometimes, we cannot do all concerns, but will be glad to take another look at it. We have a budget we have to look at for the owner of the property as well.
5) OUTLAY--Look at the outlay of the house and neighborhood you are interested in renting. Again, we may have some more work before it will be ready for move in. As most people know, we try and make them as nice as can be with limited amount of funds.
6) APPLICATION--Complete the application. WE can mail, fax, or email application to you.
7) MONEY ORDER--Get money orders or cashier’s checks from your financial institution-Total amount to move in. We do not take personal checks, we do not take cash, and we do not take third party checks. We do not take ATM, DEBIT, or credit cards.
8) MAKE YOUR MIND UP--Once you have made up your mind you want to rent a particular house or apartment through our agency, place your completed application and the cashier’s check or money orders in an envelope and slide it through the mail slot in the front door of our office.
9) LOCATION OF OFFICE—Cook Real Estate Agency’s office is 209 West Monroe Street in Thomasville, Georgia. Cook Real Estate Agency is across the street from Singletary Tire Pros, Tom Horne Supply, and Horne Candy Company.
10) MEET AT THE OFFICE: If you want to meet me in person, we have to work out a time to meet at the office, as we are in and out of the office every day and not always sitting in the office all the time. We do not have someone in the office during office hours. So, don’t just show up at the office expecting someone to be in the office. When people do this; Most of the time than not, the door will be locked.
11) REMEMBER: when we are working remodeling places and you like a particular area and a particular house, you can help us sometimes speed up the progress in completing the remodeling by placing all monies to move in and the application on that particular house. You will be first in line to get it and we will put full focus (TOP PRIORITY) on that one to get it ready hopefully faster for you and nobody else.
· Cook Real Estate Agency has been Listing and Selling Thomasville and surrounding counties since 1960.
· We are Realtors, just like KeySouth, Thomasville Real Estate Group, Rose City Realty, First Thomasville Realty, Chubb and Associates, Darby Realty Services, Crocker Realty, etc .
· Cook Real Estate Agency would like to become your Realtor. Call Brian @ 229-305-5979.
· Let us help you with your next real estate purchase no matter what REALTORS sign is on the property.
· We can get the information for you and help you with the process.
· We can help you with your next Real Estate Sale.
· Thank you for 56 years in business and your trust.
· We have helped many families to find a place to call home.
Cook Real Estate Agency will be CLOSED November 24 & 25, 2016 for the Thanksgiving holiday. We will reopen on Monday, November 28, 2016. Normal business hours are 8:30 AM til 5 PM Monday, Wednesday through Friday. On Tuesday’s, we Close at NOON. With these office hours, there are times when the office is locked for one reason or another. Call or text our cell phone at 229-403-7300 or 229-305-5979. We may be just across the street or down the road and can be here in 5 minutes. We also may be meeting with someone else, and can let you know when we can meet with you.
Cook Real Estate Agency would like to thank you for your business for the last 56 years. We have been blessed over the years to be able to help so many families. We hope and pray for good health and safety through this holiday season. Merry Christmas and Happy New year coming up very soon.
Real Estate Agency
209 West Monroe Street, Thomasville, Georgia 31792
229-226-3889 office (IN and OUT)
229-403-7300 Cell (text please)
FOR LEASE ONLY-ONE YEAR LEASE
403 Park Avenue, Thomasville, Georgia 31792
$750 RENT + $750 Deposit =
$1,500 Total amount to move in.
NO PETS, unless approved by management on all RENTALS. If you will have a pet, there is a $300 PET FEE/Non Refundable. It is a fee and not a deposit.
2 bedrooms 1 bath on the downstairs floor, and 1 bedroom, 1 bath on the upstairs floor.
Direction: 403 Park Avenue---across the street from the Oncology center. 3 bedrooms, 2 baths-upstairs/downstairs--- from the office of Cook Real Estate Agency, turn around and go through the traffic light at Madison and Monroe to the next traffic light, which is Broad Street. Turn right onto Broad Street. Go through downtown and cross the railroad tracks. Keep on Broad Street until you see Grant Street on your left. It is approx 1 to 2 miles from the railroad tracks. If you have gotten to the traffic light at Jerger School and ambulatory care center, you have gone one block too far. Turn left off of Broad Street onto Grant Street. The next street is Park Avenue. The house is right across the street from this intersection. In fact, Grant Street dead ends into house.
209 West Monroe Street, Thomasville, Georgia 31792
Richard W. Cook, Real Estate Broker
Brian Lameier, Sales Associate
For RENT or FOR SALE
323 East Jerger Street, Thomasville, Georgia 31792
East Jerger Street is to the right off of Historic North Dawson street about 4 city blocks from east Clay street. Very close to the historial society building. Good location. Close to schools, shopping, eating, grocery stores,churches, etc. within city limits of Thomasville.
possible 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
Approximately 1260 square feet, tile floors, Central Heat and Air, fairly large rooms, etc. must see inside to appreciate size.
$700 RENT + $700 Security Deposit =
$1400 Total Amount to Move in
PETS: Most owners are getting away from allowing pets in their rental properties because they do damage to their rental properties. Sometimes as much dmage as $10000, believe it or not. Tenants (Overall) do not clean up their pets messes, as a general rule. So, it is normally a mess the owner has to correct, which is costly. I know pets are important to families, as my girls have cats and dogs. So, I know those that have pets, they are an important part of family. With this all said, we start off saying, NO PETS, unless approved by management before moving in. If pets are approved, there is a $300 NON-Refundable PET FEE REQUIRED at time of lease signing.
This is very very important bridge we must cross if you have any intention of having a dog or cat or pet.
Directions: Turn around and go through the traffic light at Madison and Monroe right by the office here. Stay on East Monroe Street to North Dawson Street. This is one block past the big oak tree one of our historic landmarks in Thomasville.. Turn left onto North Dawson Street. Go about 5 city blocks and see Jerger Street on your right. Turn right onto East Jerger Street. The house will be the second on your left. . This house is FOR SALE, too. Cook Real Estate Agency is unable to finance this one for you. You will have to get your own financing. If you need help in being introduced to a bank or financial place to get a loan to buy, we can help. To set up looking on inside, text Richard W. Cook at 229-403-7300.
Cook Real Estate Agency
209 West Monroe Street, P. O. Box 786
Thomasville, Georgia 31799
Richard W. Cook, Real Estate Broker
Brian Lameier, Sales Associate
1317 North Madison Street, Thomasville, Gergia 31792
This picture is fairly old, as the railings are not painted in this picture. The only one we had in the office at time of making this flyer.
Currently occupied and shown by appointment only
24 hours in advance.
We have it listed as being available January 2, 2017. Could be ready before then if you look at it , like it, bring us the total amount of money to move in, and tenant is willing to move out early, and we get itready for move in. All of this has to come together for you, but you never know until we ask. We do not know if this can happen until we look into it. First thing to do is set up an appointment to see the inside of the house 24 hours in advance. Once you make up your mind this is where you would like to live, bring us the TOTAL amount of $1000 to move in. If you are ging to have a pet, there is a $300 one time pet fee. We will get started working on it as soon as possible.
1 bedroom house, 1 bathroom.
$500 RENT + $500 Deposit = $1000 total to move in
To see inside call or text 229-403-7300 24 hours in advance as the house is currenty occupied.
209 West Monroe Street, P. O. Box 786
Thomasville, Georgia 31799
Richard W. Cook, Real Estate Broker
Brian Lameier, Sales Associate
www.cookrealest.com web site (we try and keep list updated)
email@example.com email(send us an email for most updated list)
firstname.lastname@example.org Brian’s email
Procedures to rent a house or apartment through Cook Real Estate Agency
1) Pick up a list of our rentals and ride around to see the location and outside of the house before trying to get inside to look at it. A lot of times we can make arrangements for you to look on the inside.
2) Look on the inside and pick the one you want to lease for one year.
3) Once you have picked the rental of your choice, ask us to fax, mail, tape to the front door, or email an application to you.
4) Complete the application and get the total amount of money to move in to your apartment or house. These funds must be in certfied form, such as cashiers check from your bank or a money order. We have moved away from accepting personal checks, cash, and thrd party checks for rent.
5) Once you get your application complete, you have your money order or cashiers check in hand, we are ready to move froward.
6) Go to our office at 209 West Monroe Street and slide your certified funds(no cash) through the mail slot along with your completed application in the front door of the office.
7) Once we receive you’re application and funds to move in, we will have 24 to 48 hours to look over your application to approve it.
8) Once you have placed your check and application through the mail slot at our office, you are committing you will sign a one year lease and stay in this house or apartment you have chosen for at least one year.
Always remember, we are always renting some houses and apartments. We are always adding more. Go by the office 24/7 and pick up a hard copy of our RENTAL list outside the front door of the office.
Please read all information provided as it may answer 90% of your questions of how to get in one of our rentals. The list of questions and answers is in the GREEN information box outside the front door of our office at 209 West Monroe Street, Thomasville, Georgia 31792.
WE DO HAVE MORE RENTALS AVAILABLE. This information sheet at the office will have our most updated list of rentals. .
We are IN and OUT of the office all the time. So, if we do not know you are coming by the office (CALL US), there is a good chance we will be out of the office showing properties or working.
Richard W. Cook, Real Estate Broker 229-403-7300 Cell (text works GOOD)
Brian Lameier, Sales Associate 229-305-5979 Cell
|Cook Real Estate Agency|
209 West Monroe Street, Post Office Box 786
Thomasville, Georgia 31799, USA
(229)226-3889 *** Fax: (229)226-3978