209 West Monroe Street, Post Office Box 786, Thomasville, GA 31799
TO GET OUR LIST OF RENTALS over the telephone ,Please call 229-226-3889 and PRESS EXTENSION 1.
24 hours a day / 7 DAYS A WEEk by pressing extension 1 when the automated answering system answers your call.
All we can do is the get the RENTAL LIST out there for you to ride by the locations to make your own judgment of where or where not you will live. Unfortunately, we cannot steer you in any direction or describe neighborhoods.
Updated Rental list: Wednesday, July 20, 2016
· All RENTALS we have available at the date of this rental list are LISTED, no matter the location!
· It is up to you to get our list of rentals, ride by the areas and look for yourself at the neighborhoods. There is no sense in setting up to see the inside of any of the houses without placing your eyes on the outside and the neighborhood. This is how we operate. This is first and foremost. We normally get you a key and let you go and look on your own. We communicate showings by cell phone at 229-403-7300 by text or email at email@example.com
· Please continue to check back with us, as we never know when something else will be added. Come by the office to pick up rental list in our information box outside the front door of our office. Our office is located at 209 West Monroe Street in Thomasville, Georgia.
· Please take time and read all information provided, as it will answer 90% of your questions on how we operate and how to RENT a House or an Apartment through Cook Real Estate Agency.
· Concerns: write down your concerns on paper. Give us a punch list. We can always miss something even as large as it may seem to you. We will go and take a second look.
· We suggest when you find a RENTAL YOU LIKE, it is in the neighborhood you are looking for, and it is in your price range, to complete the application and get us the total amount of monies to move in. Applications can be mailed, taped to front door of office in envelope with your name on it where you can swing by and pick it up(have to leave us a message to do so), fax, or email. Leave us a message with fax number or email address. Or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to send you a copy of our application.
· All payments must be in certified funds such as money order or cashier’s check. We do not accept cash any longer or personal checks, or third party checks.
· We want certified funds on all payments and cannot be partial payments like just the deposit.
· We have moved back to the 209 West Monroe Street Side of the office complex of 207-209 west monroe street in thomasville, georgia since November 1, 2015. protax in leasing 207 west monroe street at this time.
· To see the inside of any of our rentals above, we ask you to ride by the locations FIRST before calling to see the inside of the rental.
· We feel it works good for people to get the list of rentals and ride by the locations to see the area before even setting up a time to see the inside. you can tell by looking at the outside and the neighborhood whether you want to go the next step and see the inside.
· Once you find the one or two you would like to see inside, call or text Richard W. Cook at 229-403-7300. Or email email@example.com to suggest a time to see the inside of a particular rental. we get emails on cell phone.
· We try and describe the best we can the size of the house or apartment by saying 1 br, 2 BR, 3 BR, & 4 BR. Sometimes a 2 bedroom can be large enough and have an extra room you could make it a 3 BR or a size of a house that will work for you. The key is you should set up a time to see the inside. You should always put your own eyes on the rental before making any decisions.
· A lot of times we have a way you can see the inside of the house while sitting in front of the house in your car by having a lockbox on the property with a code we can give you over the telephone.
· Try the office phone at 229-226-3889 Extension 3 first. If you get my voice mail, leave a message (FOR INSTANCE) “you want to see the inside of 77 Example Street sometime today.” You should leave a message of “can you call me back at whatever your phone number is?” Make sure it is a working phone number and most importantly, answer the returned call. So many times when we return a call with the number left that is is not a working number.
RENTALS ARE RENTED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS WITH ALL FUNDS DUE PAID IN FULL AND AN APPLICATION COMPLETED AT THE SAME TIME. You will not be considered for occupancy unless we have all the money and an application. Once you have looked at the rental of your choice and you want to rent it for one year, complete the application and enclose your monies in an envelope, slide through mail slot at the office anytime 24/7.
Why the office is locked or seems closed all the time: We have business and meetings outside of the office as well as inside of the office. If we do not know you are coming by then we have as much work outside of the office as inside. We cannot have someone in the office all the time. Call our office @ 226-3889 extension 0 or 403-7300 (Richard Cook) or 305-5979 (Brian Lameier) before you come to the office is a good policy. We are CLOSED Tuesday afternoons and WEEKENDS.
· IMPORTANT TO REALIZE: We are IN & OUT of the office on a regular basis. We are not sitting in the office all the time and do not have anyone to sit in the office. We have to be outside as much as inside taking care of business outside of the office. If you get to the office and the office is locked, call our cell phones to see when we will be back or when you would like to meet up with us. Call our cell phones at 229-403-7300 for Richard W. Cook or 229-305-5979 for Brian Lameier. If you get no answer, which is a possibility, then automatically send a text. Sometimes we may be in a meeting with someone and cannot talk, but can take a second to respond to a text in a few minutes. It all depends. When we are in conversation with someone, we will not interrupt our conversation to answer your call. It will go to voice mail. So, text and we will respond.
Normal office hours: Our normal business hours are Monday , Wednesday through Friday 8:30 AM till 5 PM. On Tuesday’s, we close at NOON. However, even though we have certain office hours posted does not mean someone will be in the office when you come by or call. We are IN and OUT and sometimes OUT more than in the office. We do not have somebody in the office at all times.
RENT PRICES-- NEIGHBORHOODS: This is the most popular question of all. Someone always SAYS, “I am looking for a reasonable priced rental in a nice neighborhood.” We cannot DESCRIBE neighborhoods. Where someone lives is a personal decision, right or wrong. You can ask people in the community about the areas of town, but we cannot describe Neighborhoods. Also, keeping in mind, the more you pay for something in rent or sale, normally (not always) the better the house, the better the neighborhood, the better the floor plan, more modern, more things furnished like refrigerator and stove, normally has central heat and air for comfort, etc. This is why there are $50,000 houses and $300,000 houses. Not everyone can afford the comforts of one versus the other. You have to find one that is within your budget. For an idea of within your budget, you should not pay more than ¼ of your total monthly income for housing.
TO SEE THE INSIDE OF OUR RENTALS: Email works well in setting up a time and date you would like to look on the inside. Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org Web site is www.cookrealest.com Or text 229-403-7300. We would like to know which rental you want to see. Again, to reemphasize, we ask people to ride by the rentals and look at the area first before setting up a time to see inside. If you don’t like the area, there is no sense in getting a key to look inside. ever
MOST UPDATED LIST OF RENTALS: We can fax, mail, or email the most updated RENTALS AVAILABLE list at any time or you can always swing by the office 24 hours a day 7 days a week to see what may be newly added to the list. we always rent some and are adding new ones: Check with us periodically, as this list does change sometimes daily, twice a week, bi-weekly, or monthly. We just never know when we will be adding a new one. And the new one may be the one you have been looking for in your price range. We like correspondence by sending you the most updated list of rentals by email. If you would send us an email at email@example.com and ask for our current list of rentals, we can reply with the most updated list of RENTALS normally the same day. We will attach in an email the most current list of rentals.
· CALL THE OFFICE TELEPHONE FOR OUR CURRENT LIST OF RENTALS OVER THE TELEPHONE: Cook Real Estate Agency went to an AUTOMATED ANSWERING SERVICE SYSTEM to allow people to call and get our list of rentals over the telephone 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We keep this list updated with our most updated list of rentals. During the day, if someone answers your call, then ask to be put through to our rental list. We will. Once the answering system starts, press 1 for our current list of rentals. Again, this is 24/7 you can call the office to get our list of rentals.
DIRECTIONS: DIRECTIONS to all rentals: All directions are from our office of Cook Real Estate Agency at 209 West Monroe Street in Thomasville Georgia. It is up to you to ride by and make your own judgments of where or where not you will live.
Residential RENTAL DIRECTIONS
1) 226 West Jerger Street—Go one block down to Stevens street and turn right. Go about 5 blocks to West Jerger Street. This house is on the corner of West Jerger Street and North Stevens Street. Light cream vinyl siding. We are 90% complete in remodeling. So, if you can get us the full amount of money and an application completed, we can get you in there as quickly as possible. No guarantees, but will help us move along faster.
2) 713 S. Broad Street-- Turn around and go through the traffic light at Madison Street and Monroe Streets. Turn right on Broad Street. Go approximately 2 miles and the house will be on your left just past the Allen and Allen Funeral Home on your right. It will be through that traffic light. Second house on the left. This house can be FOR SALE, too. To set up looking on inside, text Richard W. Cook at 229-403-7300. We will try and coordinate with tenant trying to move. Some tenants will cooperate and some will not.
3) 709 A & B Gordon Avenue—Duplex Apartment—go out Gordon Avenue til you almost get to the hospital. Right before you get to the four way stop sign at the hospital, the duplex will be on your left. It will be either of the two apartments. NO PETS.
4) 131 Florida Avenue---Go out west Jackson street or Hwy 319 south crossing the rail road tracks to the traffic light. Go through traffic light o next street which is College Street. Turn left on College Street. Go to second stop sign. The next street past second stop sign is Florida Avenue. Turn right. On down on your left is 131 Florida Avenue.
5) 329 N Madison Street—Right next to the Thomas County Judicial Center at 325 N Madison Street. Immediate past business in this location was Cross fit business. A fitness center. Can be used for an office. We would have to have time to remodel and would ask for a 5 year lease. Great location for an attorney or anyone needing to be close to the Judicial center, labor office, Thomasville National office, Probate court, United states post office, etc. centrally located on US Highway 84 business route.
6) 1213 Remington Avenue---Turn around and Turn right at the traffic light at Madison and Monroe streets. Go 4 traffic lights to Remington. Stay on Remington avenue until you get close to Dunkin donuts and Thomasville national bank. This house is just before you get to these two locations on your left. 1213 Remington is close to everything. Newly added on the rental market on July 19, 2016. Inside is complete. Outside bushes especially need trimming. But inside is pretty well ready to go. So, the outside should not hold you up to move in.
TIME FRAME: WHEN DO YOU WANT TO MOVE IN A RENTAL OF COOK REAL ESTATE’S: Everyone’s time frame of wanting to move in one of our rentals is different? It helps us to know if you want to move now, a week from now, a month from now, etc. Cook Real Estate Agency cannot hold any rental for any length of time, unless it is currently occupied and you want to put all monies down to rent the house as the tenants are moving out or if we are currently remodeling the house you are interested. This way you can go ahead and let your current landlord know in writing you have found a new place and will be moving. It is state law statute 44-7-7 that all tenants are required to let landlord know in writing 30 days before moving. So when paying your last month’s rent where you are, put in writing your intentions to move. You must be a little flexible depending on how the tenants leave the house or apartment. If there is work involved, it may take a week or so to turn it around and be ready for move in.
When does rent start: We WILL to start the rent as soon as your application is approved, not when you say you want to start moving in or you want us to start the rent. Your rent will begin and a lease will be signed within 24 to 48 hours of completing the application and paying the total amount of money to move in. Again, if it is occupied and will be a little while before house is ready for move in, then we can hold it for you with all monies paid in advance. If you want to move in two weeks, or a month from now, or 2 months from the date we accepted money, then there is no need to put money down, unless you are paying for the months up to when you want to move in. If you are planning on moving in at a later date, we will need to know this in writing your date you will be moving in the house. Some have to pay a month or two in advance and move when they are planning. Utilities need to be on in your name as soon as we do the lease signing. So, we will need to discuss these options.
When is RENT DUE: All of our rents are due and expected ON or BEFORE the 1st day of each month. ALL RENTS ARE PAID IN ADVANCE. This means before the month starts.
PRO-RATE RENT: If there is any proration of first month’s rent, we will prorate for the second month, not the first month. We will prorate rent from the date you receive the key to the end of that month. If you are renting the house during the grace period we have of the 1st through the 5th, there is no proration. Rent starts when we do the lease signing and we give you the key to start moving in. We do not prorate the last month or when you are planning on moving. If the first rolls around, then a full month’s RENT IS DUE.
Work with you: WE WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU ON A DEPOSIT OR WE WILL NOT ACCEPT JUST A DEPOSIT PAYING THE OTHER AMOUNT AT A LATER DATE. We get this quite often; a person will ask us “will you accept $200 to hold 212 Example Street for us. “ The answer is always NO. WE MUST RECEIVE THE TOTAL AMOUNT TO MOVE IN (ALL AT ONCE). NO PARTIAL PAYMENTS. unfortuNately, we cannot hold any places for any length of time with a partial payment. we want to start the rental income for the owner as soon as possible.
Home Application: MUST QUALIFY: You must complete a home application to rent a house from us. It takes 24-48 hours to approve or not approve your application. You cannot move in the same day you put money up to Rent. We have a 24 to 48-hour minimum waiting period for processing your information on the home application. Just drop it off in an envelope with the full amount of money to move in. Please, do not drop off cash, as we no longer accept cash. If we get your application and no monies with it, we will do nothing with your application until we receive the full amount of money to move in.
We will process your application. In the processing, we check to see if you pay your bills and other information that will help us get to know you better. Do not let checking information stop you from completing an application or applying for a house or apartment to rent from us. Background checks are necessary.
PETS: PET FRIENDLY: PET FEE: Owners are getting away from tenants being able to have pets in their rental houses and apartments. PETS IN GENERAL do so much damage to properties and owners end up paying for what your pet did. With this said, pets must be addressed per property. The owner makes the final choice of whether they want pets in their houses or apartments. If you are going to have a dog or cat or any other pet and we have Okayed you to have the pet while renting from us, we will need a $300 PET FEE that is NON REFUNDABLE. THERE ARE NO PETS ALLOWED UNLESS APPROVED BY COOK REAL ESTATE IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY ALL PARTIES. We will sign a no pet’s clause when signing the lease.
Taking rental house OR APARTMENT off the RENTAL MARKET for you: Once we get THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONEY TO MOVE IN, we will take the rental house you are interested in renting off the rental market. The rental will be taken off the rental market for the 48 hour period or two business days to approve your application. NO ONE ELSE CAN GET IT, as we are trying our best to get you into the house of your choice. If your application is not approved for any reason, then the house will go back on the rental market and your monies will be refunded. When receiving monies to move in, we will complete a legal document explaining the monies being refunded. We will try our best to get you into your new rental as soon as practically possible.
When can we get started moving in: Once we have approved your application, we will complete the one year lease with you. Once we have gone over the lease with you, we will hand you a key and you can start moving in. Again, allow a minimum of 30 minutes for the lease signing process. Please leave children with an adult outside of the lease signing so there are no interruptions. Please turn off all cell phones during meeting and going over lease.
CONCERNS: Your concerns are important to us and are normal. There is no way we can have every single rental on this RENTAL LIST ready to look at or ready to move in when we list them on the rental list. write down your concerns as we hand deliver your concerns to the people making the decisions on what needs to be done and what is more of a cosmetic issue we may not correct as we may not be able to spend the money to get just right for you. We have a budget too.
Understand reality, we may not be able to correct all of your concerns. In this case, you can normally correct those things we are not able to correct for you at your own costs. We do not take anything off the rental amount. Everybody wants the world and a real nice place, and wants someone else to pay for it. With limited funds from the owner, sometimes the owner is not willing to spend that money for you. It is just a rental house and not your permanent home or what you may be used to growing up. When you rent, it is normally temporary housing for a year or so.
HOME IMPROVEMENTS: Any improvements you want to make the RENTAL more LIKE HOME for you (COSMETIC ITEMS) is normally accepted by the owner, but has to be WRITTEN DOWN, SIGNED, DATED, ADDRESS, NAME, ETC. AND passed by the owner for his or her approval. We have these HOME IMPROVEMENT FORMS in the office and can get them to you by email or handing to you when signing lease. Also, tenants must understand again that it will be their costs and not the owners, but we first need to respect the owner’s property and pass your ideas of home improvement by the owner. Please state this on our home improvement form, with the understanding the owner will not pay for your home improvements you want done (above the costs of what we can correct). We try our best to make the house, as nice as possible with limited funds.
TERM OF LEASES: Most of our leases are for ONE YEAR. Therefore, we normally do not have many short-term leases. Normally, if you are looking for a short-term lease (2 or 3 months or even 6 months’) and/or want something furnished, we suggest the bed and breakfast type housing. There are really no seasonal rentals available we are aware of that are furnished with all furniture.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: We ask you to come by the office and get a hard copy of our list of rentals. We keep this list of rentals right outside our front door (to the RIGHT as you come up the steps of the office GREEN magazine rack) where you can come by the office 24/7 to see what is available FOR RENT. The red and white note on box states RENTAL LIST HERE and above it states TAKE ONE FREE. Just open GREEN box and take one of the lists with the information inside of how to rent a house through Cook Real Estate Agency.
HOW to RENT one of our houses or apartments in a nut shell: When you are ready to look on the inside of any of our rentals, call us (229-226-3889, ext 3 or 0, 229-403-7300 or 229-305-5979) and we can try and get something set up pretty quickly to get you on the inside to look. Occupied houses: Tenants must be 24 hours’ notice before showing. We hope when houses are occupied that Current tenants will cooperate and help us set up appointments to see the inside.
Where’s the money? The green stuff? People joke about this, but it is true. Bring the total amount of money to move in in the form of a money order or certified funds from your bank and complete an application, we will get you started in renting a house or apartment from us. Get your ducks in a row.
OUR JOB IS TO RENT HOUSES: We will try to the best of our ability to move you in the apartment or house of your choice as soon as possible. We want to start the rent as soon as possible.
MEETING people: We meet all persons at the office of Cook Real Estate Agency located at 209 West Monroe Street in Thomasville, Georgia, unless there are other arrangements made for you to meet the tenants that occupy the house or apartment at the house. We make arrangements with you personally to go and look at the houses or places by yourself.
LOCATION OF OUR OFFICE: Our office of Cook Real Estate Agency is centrally located in DOWNTOWN THOMASVILLE, one block from the DOWNTOWN Post Office, one block from the Thomas County Library, and one block from the Thomas County Courthouse. Actually, they have built the new judicial building or courthouse in our BACKYARD. Thomas County Board of Commissioners are building a new 911 center next door on West Monroe Street. Address is 207-209 West Monroe Street in Thomasville. Our office is right off of Business Highway 84 or Madison Street. Cook Real Estate Agency’s office is directly across the street from Singletary Tire Pro’s, Tom Horne Supply, and Horne Candy Company. Our office has been in this general vicinity since 1960.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT: If you know someone that has a rental house or several rentals (apartments) and they are always complaining about not being able to collect the rent, we handle these problems for these owners. With a 95% to 98% collection rate ON COLLECTING RENTS, we will do our best to collect the rent for the owner. We do not let people get behind on their rent. ALL OUR RENTS ARE DUE AND EXPECTED ON OR BEFORE THE 1ST DAY OF EACH MONTH.
· Cook Real Estate Agency does property (RENTAL) management as a licensed REALTOR and property management company. In order to manage rentals for owners, a person or doing business as a company must hold a real estate license. Richard W. Cook is a licensed Real Estate Broker with the State of Georgia. Brian Lameier is a licensed sales associate with Cook Real Estate Agency and the state of Georgia. Brian also holds a real estate license in Florida with his Florida Broker. Cook Real Estate is in no way associated with any of Brian’s Florida transactions.
WEB SITE: Check our web site at www.cookrealest.com for our history.
· Place application that you will complete plus certified funds (NO CASH, PERSONAL CHECK, or THIRD PARTY CHECK ACCEPTED) in the form of money order or certified check from your bank for the full amount of money to move in. If you are going to have a pet, add $300 one time pet fee. Total amount of monies that will need to be paid to be accepted to rent through our agency is the FULL RENT + FULL DEPOSIT + FULL PET FEE= Total amount to move in.
· Get an envelope, slide completed application in the envelope, slide certified funds check or money order in envelope, and slide it through the mail slot in the front door of the office at 207 West Monroe Street. If you would like to meet us personally, you will need to try and coordinate over our cell phones when we can meet you at the office. If you state a time and you are not there at that time, we will be gone taking care of other business outside of office. If you are not going to make your time, it would be nice to know it. Call our cell phones to cancel as we may be dropping what we are working on away from the office to make a special trip to come and meet you.
· Once we receive the completed application and monies, we will have two business days to approve or not approve your application. If not approve, we will refund monies. If approved or in process of approving and you change your mind, you lose all monies. So, make sure you have made up your mind before sliding your monies through the mail slot that this is where you want to live because we are going to try our best to get you in this place you have chosen. Once we receive monies, we are taking house off rental market for you and nobody else can get it. Therefore, you are committing (making a commitment to lease for one year by paying monies and presenting application to rent a particular rental) that you are renting the house for one year.
· If you cannot get a ride to the office, then we can mail this information to you.
· We can email the rent list to you. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond with the rental list attached.
· You can get our rental list by looking on the web site for our rentals.
· You can call the office (229-226-3889) and press extension 1 for our list of rentals over telephone.
As this list changes from time to time including prices, it is always good to check the day you are wanting to go and look to see if it is still available and see what the price is at that time. As prices fluctuate from time to time as work is done on certain rentals, the price may increase. We do run specials on rental prices to get people to jump on it, get us the full amount / the total amount to move in.
· Cook Real Estate Agency is closed Tuesday afternoons and weekends and there are certain times during the week we have left the office early for one reason or another. So, call us when you want to meet up with us at the office and not the property you want to look at. We meet all persons at the office.
· For any service calls while renting from Cook Real Estate Agency, we have an automated voicemail system that will call our cell number immediately after you leave your message. You would dial 229-226-3889 and when the automated system answers the call, press extension 2 for service calls.
Listing and selling Real Estate in Thomasville and surrounding areas
REALTOR: Brian Lameier, our Sales Associate with Cook Real Estate Agency, would like to be YOUR REALTOR when it comes to finding a HOME, FARM, ACRES, Commercial, Etc. Whether you are RENTING PROPERTY, SELLING PROPERTY, WANTING SOMEONE TO MANAGE YOUR RENTALS, OR WHETHER YOU ARE BUYING, Cook Real Estate Agency has over 55 years of experience. Again, whatever you may be looking for in buying real estate, we will research and see if there is anything on the real estate market to match what you may be looking for. Whether you are looking for land, residential, commercial, etc., Cook Real Estate Agency would like to help you locate what you are looking for. A farm, Brian can help.
We can SELL as well as RENT properties: COMMERCIAL, RESIDENTIAL, AND LAND/ACREAGE/Farms: Brian Lameier, our sales associate, handles our listing and selling. If you know someone that wants to sell their house or land (large or small), we can help them like any other real estate company. We are listing and selling properties for other owners. If you know someone wanting to BUY or SELL Real Estate (land or residential or commercial buildings), call Brian Lameier, Sales associate @ 229-305-5979. Brian is a licensed Realtor. Richard W. Cook is a licensed Real Estate Broker.
We can show any other Realtors listings they have For Sale-If you see another REAL ESTATE FOR SALE SIGN (1st Thomasville Realty, Chubb and Associates, Key South, Darby Realty Services, Crocker Realty, Rose City Realty, Renaissance Realty, Georgia Florida Realty, Bishop Realty, Thomasville Real Estate Professionals, Thomasville Real Estate Group, etc.) on the property other than Cook Real Estate Agency, we can get all the information you need for you to buy that house or land. Call Brian. Brian is very knowledgeable as he has many years of appraisal and sales background in Florida and Georgia..
We are a small REALTY company that can help with all your REAL ESTATE needs. Whether RENTING, BUYING, OR SELLING, we feel we can help you. If not at the time of your call, maybe we will be adding something within your time frame of wanting to move in a house or apartment. Check back with us. Email is a great way of communication. email@example.com. If you do not have email, then texting or calling our cell phone or office number is good. As we are busy assisting other customers and clients, you may have to leave messages. As long as we can call your number back without problems, we will call you back. However, keep in mind, when we call back, sometimes we get messages that say on your phone “you have not set up your voice message yet” or “you can’t take incoming calls” or “number has been disconnected” or another variety of messages. So, if we cannot reach you, we cannot call you back. We do try at least once to cll you back. If there is any minor problem, we do not try again as we have many others to return. So, if you think you may have given us a wrong number or we may have missed a number somehow or written donw you email wrong, please call us back. Thanks.
Cook Real Estate Agency would like to thank you for your business. Cook Real Estate Agency has been helping people to find a place to buy or rent or with their real estate they may be selling for over 56 years(Established in the early year of 1960). Therefore, we sell Real Estate, too. Farms, acreage, residential, commercial, etc. Cook Real Estate Agency can help with all of your real estate needs.
Listing and selling REAL ESTATE in Thomasville-Thomas County and surrounding areas since 1960-----We would like to be your REALTOR.
· Richard W. Cook, Licensed GA Real Estate Broker
Cell Phone Number is 229-403-7300. Richard W. COOK handles mostly rentals.
· Brian Lameier, Sales Associate/GA/FLA Realtor, handles sales. Brian’s cell # 229-305-5979
· Brian Lameier of cook real estate agency would like to be your realtor in buying and selling your real estate.
Brian’s Cell Phone Number is 229-305-5979. Brian handles all the SALES end of the business. So, if interested in BUYING Real Estate or Selling Real Estate, Brian will be able to help you. With many years’ experience is appraisals and sales, Brian is well qualified to help you in your search of real estate to buy or purchase or the sale of your REAL ESTATE.
Listing and Selling Real Estate?
Buying a house? Owner of rental property? We can collect rent for you and take care of all your service calls on your rental houses. We sell rental properties, too.
Call Brian Lameier, Sales Associate @ 229-305-5979 NOW or Richard W. Cook, Real Estate Broker @ 229-403-7300 NOW.
o Residential and Commercial Properties/RENTALS
§ 1,2,3, and 4 bedrooms houses/duplex apartments
§ Residential and Commercial
· Homes, Farms, acreage, land (small or large)
· Property Management
o Commercial or Residential
§ We can rent your Real Estate RENTAL PROPERTIES (1 or many),. All is run through our REAL ESTATE ESCROW ACCOUNT at a local bank. To learn more, we ask you to call and set up an appointment with Richard and/or Brian to meet at our office to go over our procedures on renting out your rental properties and taking care of service calls and collecting rent income in a timely manner.
§ If interested in talking more about managing your rental property or someone you know that needs this service, we will be glad to set up appointments to meet with us at our office and discuss all the good and bad (possible pit falls) and fees involved.
TO RENT, IN A NUTSHELL
1) Ride by: it is crucial you ride by the rental you may be interested in renting first before calling about seeing the inside. Make sure you like the outside of the house, the yard, the neighborhood, etc. Once you like this part of the rental and you want to see the inside, then call us to get a key.
2) GET KEY---TO get a key to the house you are interested in RENTING or LEASING FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR, you should call Richard W. Cook@ 229-403-7300. Text works well, too. Email too @ firstname.lastname@example.org . Sometimes there are keys on the property I can tell you over the phone where it is.
3) SEE INSIDE OF HOUSE--Walk through the house you are interested in renting for one year, keeping in mind we maybe still working on the rental you are looking at.
4) CONCERNS-If you have concerns while walking through the inside of the house, jot down those concerns on paper. This way we can make a copy of your concerns (written down) for maintenance(PUNCH LIST), you can meet him over at the rental(if you want), and discuss them with maintenance as he will be making a decision on whether we can or cannot do the work(cost effective). If he has a question, he will call me. Not always do we see what you may see when walking through. Sometimes we overlook things not on purpose, we just miss things. Sometimes, we cannot do all concerns, but will be glad to take another look at it. We have a budget we have to look at for the owner of the property as well.
5) OUTLAY--Look at the outlay of the house and neighborhood you are interested in renting. Again, we may have some more work before it will be ready for move in. As most people know, we try and make them as nice as can be with limited amount of funds.
6) APPLICATION--Complete the application. WE can mail, fax, or email application to you.
7) MONEY ORDER--Get money orders or cashier’s checks from your financial institution-Total amount to move in. We do not take personal checks, we do not take cash, and we do not take third party checks. We do not take ATM, DEBIT, or credit cards.
8) MAKE YOUR MIND UP--Once you have made up your mind you want to rent a particular house or apartment through our agency, place your completed application and the cashier’s check or money orders in an envelope and slide it through the mail slot in the front door of our office.
9) LOCATION OF OFFICE—Cook Real Estate Agency’s office is 209 West Monroe Street in Thomasville, Georgia. Cook Real Estate Agency is across the street from Singletary Tire Pros, Tom Horne Supply, and Horne Candy Company.
10) MEET AT THE OFFICE: If you want to meet me in person, we have to work out a time to meet at the office, as we are in and out of the office every day and not always sitting in the office all the time. We do not have someone in the office during office hours. So, don’t just show up at the office expecting someone to be in the office. When people do this; Most of the time than not, the door will be locked.
11) REMEMBER: when we are working remodeling places and you like a particular area and a particular house, you can help us sometimes speed up the progress in completing the remodeling by placing all monies to move in and the application on that particular house. You will be first in line to get it and we will put full focus (TOP PRIORITY) on that one to get it ready hopefully faster for you and nobody else. 226 West Jerger Street comes to mind, but could be any of the rentals you see on our list we may be remodeling.
12) Place your total amount of monies in money order or cashier’s check from your bank and a completed application in an envelope and we will have 2 business days to approve or not approve your application. If we are not in the office, slide it through the mail slot in the glass door. Or call us and we will meet you to get it from you.
· Cook Real Estate Agency has been Listing and Selling Thomasville and surrounding counties since 1960.
· We are Realtors, just like KeySouth, Thomasville Real Estate Group, Rose City Realty, First Thomasville Realty, Chubb and Associates, Darby Realty Services, Crocker Realty, etc .
· Cook Real Estate Agency would like to become your Realtor. Call Brian @ 229-305-5979.
· Let us help you with your next real estate purchase no matter what REALTORS sign is on the property.
· We can get the information for you and help you with the process.
· We can help you with your next Real Estate Sale.
· Thank you for 56 years in business and your trust.
· We have helped many families to find a place to call home.
Brian Lameier, Sales
209 West Monroe Street, P. O. Box 786, Thomasville, Georgia 31799
229-226-3889 Office (Extension 3)
229-403-7300 Cell (text works good to set up showing)
FOR RENTor FOR SALE
713 South Broad Street, Thomasville, Georgia
Commercial Offices (ZONED C 1 A) and/or Residential RENTAL
Can do short term lease of 6 month’s on this one. Normally we do not like doing short term, but will consider.
FOR RENT: $1200 RENT + $1200 Deposit = $2400 total to move in
3 bedrooms, 1 bath with Central Heat and Air, Hardwood Floors,
Approximately 1500 heated and cooled square foot. NO PETS.
Close to Paradise Park and Archbold Memorial Hospital. Also, close to Jerger School, Ambulatory care center, and the Oncology center. Several Doctor’s offices, attorney’s office’s, apartments, etc. High traffic volume.
Directions from Cook Real Estate Agency: Turn around and go through the traffic light at Madison and Monroe to the next traffic light by the downtown post office, which is Broad Street. Turn right on Broad Street. Go to Hansel and Broad Street intersection. Paradise Park will be on your left and Allen and Allen funeral home on your right. Go through this intersection and the house will be first or second on your left, just past this intersection. AGAIN, within walking distance to the paradise park, Archbold Memorial Hospital, Ambulatory care center, Thomasville Family medicine, Jerger School, and Thomasville Oncology Center., and other offices and condominiums and apartments.
209 West Monroe Street, Thomasville, Georgia 31792
To see inside, ride by first. Then call or text 229-403-7300 to see inside.
709 Gordon Avenue (Apartment A & B), Thomasville, Georgia 31792
2 bedrooms, 2 baths on each side or whole house for $1400 a month in RENT. Deposit for whole place $1400 = $2800 total to move in or
$700 Rent + $700 Deposit = $1400 Total amount to move in per apartment
(DUPLEX APARTMENT or whole house) (both sides vacant).
Since this is a duplex apartment and the other tenant being so close, the other tenant may not like pets. So, this is why we have the no pets on this one. NO PETs.
(ONE YEAR LEASE REQUIRED)
Close to Oncology Center, Ambulatory care center, Archbold memorial Hospital, Thomas Drugs on Gordon Avenue (pharmacy), and doctor’s offices. Also, Close by Thomasville Orthopedic center and Jerger Elementary School.
Vacant and can be shown anytime. Both sides are empty at this time. Tenants have moved. We can rent as one unit too. It opens up into one large house. This would be a large place for $1400 a month. Approximately 4 bedrooms, 4 full baths right at the hospital. Would need proper amount of income to qualify.
209 West Monroe Street
Thomasville, Georgia 31792
Richard W. Cook, Real Estate Broker
Brian Lameier, Sales Associate
131 Florida Avenue, Thomasville, Georgia 31792
This 2 bedroom, 1 bath home has central heat and air, tile floors, approx. 864 square feet concrete block home. Small yard to up keep.
Refrigerator and stove will not be furnished.
$550 RENT + $550 Deposit= $1,100.00 total amount to move in. NO pets.
ALL RENT AND DEPOSIT PAYMENTS MUST BE IN FULL and in the form of CERTIFIED FUNDS.
If interested in renting 131 Florida Avenue, first of all we need for you ride by the location to make sure you like the area. Secondly, if you like the outside and area (it is vacant, so you can walk around), then call or text Richard W. Cook at 229-403-7300. We will get you inside to see the house. Once you have made up your mind this is the one you want to rent for at least one year, get $100 in cashier’s check from your bank or money order, complete the application, and place both in an envelope and slide through our mail slot at the office of 209 West Monroe Street in Thomasville, Georgia 31792.
Directions to our office: Cook Real Estate Agency’s Office is at 209 West Monroe Street in Thomasville, Georgia. Cook Real Estate Agency is centrally located in downtown Thomasville next to the Thomas County Judicial Building (NEW COURTHOUSE) and across the street from Singletary Tire Pro’s, Tom Horne Supply and Horne Candy Company.
Directions to 131 Florida Avenue from our office of Cook Real Estate Agency: Turn around and take a right onto Madison street. Go three traffic lights and turn left onto West Jackson Street. Go over the rail road tracks to the next traffic light. Go through the next traffic light. The next street after traffic light is College Street. Turn left going by Harper Elementary School. Go through two stop signs. The next street is Florida Avenue. Florida Avenue is only a one block street in length between College Street and Fern Streets. House is next to last house on left. Wright Street Market is right behind this house.
209 West Monroe Street
Thomasville, Georgia 31792
Richard W. Cook, Real Estate Broker
Brian Lameier, Sales Associate
226 West Jerger Street, Thomasville Georgia 31792
3 bedrooms, 1 ½ baths with Central Heat and air, tile floors, been completely remodeled to Thomasville Building Department STRICT COSTLY CRITERIA AND BUILDING CODES.
Very close to receiving the ok to rent from the city building department. So don’t wait, get the total amount of CERTIFIED FUNDS to move in ($700 RENT + $700 Deposit = $1400 total amount to move in) this one and complete the application. We can email the application. Just send us an email requesting the application.
Rented on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS with money in hand and application complete.
$700 RENT + $700 Deposit = $1400 total amount to move in
Certified funds only-NO CASH-NO PERSONAL OR THIRD PARTY CHECKS.
Call or text Richard At 229-403-7300 or email at email@example.com to see the inside of all rentals.
209 West Monroe Street, P. O. Box 786, Thomasville, Georgia 31799
229-226-3889 Office (Extension 3)
229-403-7300 Cell (text works good to set up showing)
Commercial RENTAL in Thomasville Georgia (DOWNTOWN AREA)
FOR LEASE (At least ONE YEAR)
329 North Madison Street, Thomasville, Georgia 31792
(Right next to the Thomas County Judicial Building)
AVAILABLE NOW---REDUCED ON JULY 6, 2016 to $750
$750 Rent + $750 Deposit = $1,500 total to move in (Negotiable)
· PRIME Commercial property
· HEAVY TRAFFIC AREA
· Corner lot (Corner of Madison street(US Hwy 84 Business) and Monroe Street)
Centrally located downtown Thomasville Georgia. One block from the United States Post Office and the City of Thomasville Board of education offices, two blocks from the famous BIG OAK, one block from the Georgia Labor office, one block from the Thomas County Library, next door to the newly built Thomas County Justice building(courthouse), next door to the new Thomasville-Thomas County 911 Center they are building, Thomasville National Bank across the street, Old historic courthouse one block away, Downtown Thomasville Broad Street one block away, Variety of churches close by, etc.
1885 Square footage, 3 bays, office space (10 X 16), 2 bathrooms (male and female outside entrance),
You can park a minimum of 10 cars, there is an overhang. We can remodel for more rent. This building was a tune-up shop recently within the last six months remodeled for a gym. Cross fit Townie has out grown this building and has moved to another location, making this building available for another gym or business.
You will need to place your own eyes on it to appreciate the location and the features of this commercial property for your business; I believe it will suit your business to a T.
From the Office of Richard W. Cook of Cook Real Estate Agency
209 West Monroe Street, P. O. Box 786 in Thomasville, Georgia 31792
229-226-3889Extension 3 (Really interested calls only)
209 West Monroe Street
P. O. Box 786
Thomasville, Georgia 31799
Richard w. cook, Real Estate Broker
1213 Remington Avenue, Thomasville, Georgia 31792
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, Approximately 2000 square foot
$1200 RENT + $1200 Deposit = $2400 Total Amount to move in.
Do you have pets? If so, you will need to add a $300 pet fee to the total amount to move in.
Inside is ready to go. If you have concerns on the inside(or even the property as a whole), we ask you while you are looking, to write down your concerns. We can take a look at a punch list a lot better than trying to verbally listen and try to understand sometimes what you are mentioning. We hand the concerns list to the people actually looking at your concerns and to do the work.
Outside work, we will trim back or take out some bushes. We know there is one dead pine tree we need to remove. But none of these things should interfere with you moving in. So, complete the application and get the full amount of monies to me as soon as possible and we can get you moving into your new rental.
This house to north of town close to gateway shopping center area and everything north of town. Right across the street from the Butler Mason YMCA, Thomasville Fire department/Ambulance department, Thomasville National bank, Dunkin Donuts, Archbold Primary care, and Urgent Care is very close by. Commercial Bank is close by gateway , Ameris bank, etc.
Directions from the office of Cook Real Estate Agency: 1213 Remington Avenue---Turn around and Turn right at the traffic light at Madison and Monroe streets. Go 4 traffic lights to Remington. Stay on Remington Avenue until you get close to Dunkin donuts and Thomasville National Nank (Gateway). This house is just before you get to these two locations on your left. 1213 Remington is close to everything. Just about all the eating establishments are on this side of town. Banks, too. Newly added on the rental market on July 19, 2016. Inside is complete and ready for move in. we have a key hidden on property. Call 229-403-7300 for directions to see inside. Outside bushes especially need trimming. But inside is pretty well ready to go. So, the outside should not hold you up to move in.
|Cook Real Estate Agency|
209 West Monroe Street, Post Office Box 786
Thomasville, Georgia 31799, USA
(229)226-3889 *** Fax: (229)226-3978